Campaign play question

Need advice on Colony Management? Help with the Shrine Wars Campaign? Ask here.
donpost
Hatchling
Hatchling
Favourite Race: Humans

Campaign play question

Post by donpost »

To complete a campaign play mission do you have to complete both objectives? I just played the first human mission, wiped out all of the other races, and lost :?
Ubergeneral Grunt
Site Admin
Site Admin
Favourite Race: Tarth

Re: Campaign play question

Post by Ubergeneral Grunt »

Yes, you do. It's a bit of a waste killing everybody, then realising, you didn't make an Alliance or raise a certain amount of resources, like you were suppose to. I don't know about when you have to build City Centres, though. You might be able to kill everyone, instead of building City Centres.
Tarth cooks make best strudel, barbecue, bean dip, fish, cat food, smelt, piston rings, tofu and cam shafts...
Occifer Dibble
Hatchling
Hatchling
Favourite Race: Maug

Post by Occifer Dibble »

As I recall the objectives like 'Make alliance with X' was easy if you warred against the other factions present. Except the Re'Lu. They weren't giving until I had half the planet in hand. I guess they secretly respect power.

I think killing everyone else *is* a substitute for building the City Centres, but I didn't test it enough to say with certainty. I found it easier to go City Centres anyway, especially playing Uva Mosk. Resource hogs that they are.
Julie don't live here anymore. She moved away many years before.
Tomgrakk
Colonist
Colonist
Favourite Race: Cyth

Post by Tomgrakk »

I know from playing 'Manifest Destiny' scenarios that you do have the option of building the set number of City Centres or killing everybody. Not sure if that applies to the campaign, since I haven't properly played it, but I'd hazard a guess that's how it works. Still, even if you didn't have to kill everyone, now nobody can stop you from building those City Centres, can they?

- Tomgrakk