Your Deadlock Strategy?

Need advice on Colony Management? Help with the Shrine Wars Campaign? Ask here.
MaugTheInfirm
Advisor
Advisor
Favourite Race: Maug

Your Deadlock Strategy?

Post by MaugTheInfirm » Sat Apr 15, 2017 2:23 am

Without research I'd be lost. Early on I try to replace defensive laser turrets with energy defenses to ward off attacks. Later I try to use fusion or disruptor canon to attack enemies. If I waited for all enemies to reach all techs, I wonder if I'd still do as well?

For a challenge, I like to limit myself to only having buildings in 3-4 territories and holding off multiple computer opponents. When I take an enemy territory I scrap everything to keep at 3-4 territories with buildings.

What approach do you use to defeat computer opponents?
What would you recommend other people try as a challenge?

General9913
Colonist
Colonist

Re: Your Deadlock Strategy?

Post by General9913 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:57 pm

Yeah, research is a must. I build laser defences at the begging of the game when there are colonies nearby. Usually I prefer to construct fusion cannons and SAM Troopers than defences to defend my territories early on, so it takes a while for me to build energy deflectors. And they gain experience, defence turrets do not. That's the impression I have, but I wonder if there's an experience value for them apart from Targetting Computers technology which improves their accuracy by an unknown value. I wonder if they have 50% accuracy at default "green level" like any other unit and it goes up to 80% with Targetting Computers. :roll:

Back on topic, I like to play defensively, I use scouts to spy to gain experience, steal technology or sabotage buildings with Maug or steal resources if I'm playing with ChCh-t, or even using them for exploration to discover shrines and territories with lost technology (I might as well build one Laser Squad as soon as possible for this either). So yeah, I don't mantain a huge military force until it's really necessary, I like to sit, build my colony and wonder if I'm able to defend myself or my ally, yup I like to ally myself with Maug if I'm playing with ChCh-t and vice versa... Yeah, they are my favorite races :mrgreen:

Kayzaks
Hatchling
Hatchling

Post by Kayzaks » Fri May 26, 2017 11:15 pm

Same for me, Research is king.

I mostly play on big maps and colonize as much land around my starting tile as possible. But I barely build there, only farms and cheap stuff, while I keep my capital full of all the good buildings.

Then I start stationing units at the far edge and build some cheap defences.

Once the enemy starts attacking, I try to keep them away from my main base as long as I can and start building superior units to finally crush the enemy

Cyth Lord
Hatchling
Hatchling
Favourite Race: Cyth

Post by Cyth Lord » Mon Sep 16, 2019 4:40 pm

In Deadlock II my first action is to start researching techs and go immediately for cloning. Once I've a stream of colonists coming in I let tech fall to the back burner until I've got 3 or 4 fully developed territories. By the time I'm researching lvl 3 techs, I expand my universities so I can get one tech per turn. When I finally get Anti-matter rifles, that's when I transition from colony building to conquest. I sometimes go for a strong air force instead, but that becomes very expensive and they don't conquer territories on their own. Also try to get sea platforms built up for huge trade income. Then I go for swarm tactics with my units... 12 or more troopers/tanks supported by medic and command corps against a single territory almost always win with minimal attrition. I imagine most use this tactic, but not the computer so much!