Which race is your favourite?

General discussion, queries, etc. about Deadlock and Deadlock II.

Which race is your favourite?

ChCh't
15%
Cyth
15%
Humans
19%
Maug
26%
Re'Lu
4%
Tarth
7%
Uva Mosk
15%
Skirineen
No votes
Tolnans
No votes
The Ancients
No votes

Total votes: 27

Sirre
Hatchling
Hatchling
Favourite Race: ChCh-t

Re: Which race is your favourite?

Post by Sirre » Fri Jul 25, 2014 8:55 pm

Easily ChCh't for me. :)
I almost always played them when I played the demo, that was the easiest way for me to beat the demo under 40 turns thanks to their fast growth. Second choice would be Re'lu, I find their intel quite valuable, and the mind control is quite nice. :)

SupremeCommander
Hatchling
Hatchling
Favourite Race: Humans

Post by SupremeCommander » Sun Dec 30, 2018 12:38 am

I like them creds 'n cheap transportation

sdu754
Colonist
Colonist
Favourite Race: Re'Lu

Post by sdu754 » Fri Feb 08, 2019 3:23 am

I would have to say the strongest is the ChCh't, their population bonus allows them to do more of everything, even out tech other races. Their two negatives: slower research and lower taxes can be easily overcome.

The Maug are probably the second strongest, you just have to manage their morale a little more, but their tech and spy abilities are awesome.

The Cyth are the easiest to play, but you lose 20% of your workforce and they pay a 75% tax rate. The only good thing about the morale bonus is that you don't need food/museums, but these things aren't to difficult to manage. They don't starv to death, but I believe they grow population slower and it takes longer to get set up with them

My favorite is still the Re'Lu, I just like them. I almost won a game before just using their subvert special order.

MaugTheInfirm
Advisor
Advisor
Favourite Race: Maug

Post by MaugTheInfirm » Sat Mar 16, 2019 12:47 am

Since I didn't like their economy and military, I didn't give the Chch't much of a chance. I'll have to give them another try.

Despite my name, I think Uva Mosk are my favorite to play. Their bonus resources and ability to make bonus squares is really useful, especially when I play a game where I limit myself to 3 territories (to make it challenging for me to beat the AI).

But I enjoy the Maug personality more than the others, the way they complain their way through every activity is amusing! If research could be "carried over" from one project to another, Maug would be more powerful early on. Later, their research bonus becomes powerful against lower tech enemies.

I'd have to say Humans are a strong second owing to higher income, and the ability to bring transport costs to zero.

For some reason I don't enjoy Tarth or Relu. At least with Cyth, I know why I don't like them: I hate giving up 20% of my workers to their stable morale.