What difficulty level do you play Deadlock at?

General discussion, queries, etc. about Deadlock and Deadlock II.

Hog Tied
No votes
Hindered
8%
Fair Fight
23%
Boosted
8%
Supercharged
62%

Total votes: 13

Ubergeneral Grunt
Site Admin
Site Admin
Favourite Race: Tarth

Post by Ubergeneral Grunt »

What difficulty level do you most frequently play Deadlock I or II at and win. If you play at a custom level, choose approximately.
Tarth cooks make best strudel, barbecue, bean dip, fish, cat food, smelt, piston rings, tofu and cam shafts...
surchk
Colonist
Colonist
Favourite Race: Uva Mosk

Re: What difficulty level do you play Deadlock at?

Post by surchk »

Lol I got confused, is this the AI difficulty or mine??
Ubergeneral Grunt
Site Admin
Site Admin
Favourite Race: Tarth

Post by Ubergeneral Grunt »

Oops, I forgot Deadlock II gives you the option to give yourself a handicap at the race selection screen. I mean the level chosen at the Game Options screen, sorry I wasn't clear about that.
Tarth cooks make best strudel, barbecue, bean dip, fish, cat food, smelt, piston rings, tofu and cam shafts...
Occifer Dibble
Hatchling
Hatchling
Favourite Race: Maug

Post by Occifer Dibble »

I'm boring, I tend to play Fair Fights. I don't think I've even attempted the harder levels, though I may do so one day to encourage the AI to actually attack me for once. Though no doubt I'll regret doing that and have to beg it to stop flooding my bases with juggernauting laser squads in turn 10.

What sort of scaling algorithm does that AI use?
Julie don't live here anymore. She moved away many years before.
Tomgrakk
Colonist
Colonist
Favourite Race: Cyth

Post by Tomgrakk »

Despite knowing the workings and such of the game, I still play against hindered opponents. Originally, I used to play against hog-tied opponents, so I've gotten better or more confident now, at least. Maybe someday I'll actually challenge myself to (gasp) a fair fight.

- Tomgrakk
Kapitan-Man
Hatchling
Hatchling

Post by Kapitan-Man »

Supercharged but not computers ally vs human,

use colonizer(s) to take over enemy territories of population 1, then move a colonist for 25 credits, and get free buildings!

but dont rely on doing this for too long (and build laser defense quickly), cause a colonizer dies to ANY military unit and/or 2-3+ civilians/militia
Ànman
Hatchling
Hatchling

Post by Ànman »

Im a fair fight. But have won supercharged a few times. I like the game, and I can micromanager the balls out of my colonies for maximum efficiency and production, but I usually cant be stuffed. I like to play on my couch on my 50 inch tv and just cant be stuffed playing hard core. So fair fight for me.
YOU'RE A 255 CHARACTER LIMIT!
wobombat
Hatchling
Hatchling
Favourite Race: Humans

Post by wobombat »

I've beaten the game at 100% difficulty (7 players, 5 city center requirement, no fast production, and supercharged AIs including all provisions such as AI's allying against you) multiple times. I posted a walk through I created, under the strategies tab, detailing how I achieved this, and I would be interested in hearing from anyone else who has won on 100% difficulty and how they did it.
quentinak
Hatchling
Hatchling
Favourite Race: Ancients

Post by quentinak »

Hi, everyone! First time posting.

I play at the supercharged level with the highest setting. I takes me a long time (up to 100 turns more or less) to beat the game. And I usually try beat the game by military conquest rather than building city centers to make it challenging. Whole bunch of Holocaust cannons on transport ships is the secret!
Tggtt
Ancient
Ancient

Post by Tggtt »

Hi quentinak.

I like to play Deadlock with fair fight to everyone. When against AI usually lots of them. I don't think I'm really good at it, but I enjoy the higher number of AIs because it makes the make much more unpredictable, since I don't know how they will interact.