Disappearing Enemies

General discussion, queries, etc. about Deadlock and Deadlock II.
dunkgreen
Hatchling
Hatchling

Disappearing Enemies

Post by dunkgreen »

Hi again,

I was playing Deadlock II tonight. :D After bombarding the Tarth a number of times, I noticed that they retreated to another territory but their flag did not appear. Has this happened to anyone? I am using Linux and have virtualized Win XP using Virtualbox. I used the patch to upgrade the program that is available on this board. In all other respects, the game is perfect, even sound. Any thoughts? Thanks.

Cheers,

Bill D-G
Toronto
Ubergeneral Grunt
Site Admin
Site Admin
Favourite Race: Tarth

Re: Disappearing Enemies

Post by Ubergeneral Grunt »

The only reason I think this should happen is if the army in the territory is composed entirely of air units, as air units do not claim a territory no flag will appear.
Tarth cooks make best strudel, barbecue, bean dip, fish, cat food, smelt, piston rings, tofu and cam shafts...
dunkgreen
Hatchling
Hatchling

Post by dunkgreen »

Ubergeneral Grunt wrote:The only reason I think this should happen is if the army in the territory is composed entirely of air units, as air units do not claim a territory no flag will appear.
Thanks for the quick response!
SonOfDon
Colonist
Colonist
Favourite Race: Humans

Post by SonOfDon »

dunkgreen wrote:
Ubergeneral Grunt wrote:The only reason I think this should happen is if the army in the territory is composed entirely of air units, as air units do not claim a territory no flag will appear.
Thanks for the quick response!
Do you recall whether the Ubergeneral's explanation might have applied in this case?
Where are we on the curve, we'll know once it goes asymptotic (hopefully).