Questions about Deadlock

General discussion, queries, etc. about Deadlock and Deadlock II.
MaugTheInfirm
Advisor
Advisor
Favourite Race: Maug

Re: Questions about Deadlock

Post by MaugTheInfirm »

Reading the past few posts, my experience with DL1 is different from yours - are you using Deadlock 1.31 like I am?

Whenever I've killed off the last enemy unit while taking over the last enemy territory, the game has ended for me. I vaguely recall sending units all over a map to find an enemy unit I missed, but that doesn't happen often since I'm usually good about encircling my computer opponent as the end nears.

When I visit an individual territory, I see the net energy situation on the right side. If I produce 20 energy and use 15 energy, I'm accumulating +5 energy in that territory, so I see +5. But if I zoom out to the overall colony, I only see the net energy of everything put together (all power plants minus all energy consumption).

I believe your opponents have one turn to destroy your game winning CC before you actually win, but generally I scrape away all my enemy's bases so I might be recalling that incorrectly.
MildewMan1
Colonist
Colonist
Favourite Race: Tarth

Re: Questions about Deadlock

Post by MildewMan1 »

I doubt the original developers will ever see this, but just in case... Do you remember what resources were used to learn how to create all of your custom drawing/map creation functions in the game?

Also one of the territory drawing functions (SmearLight) causes the game to crash when zooming into a territory in DL1, and I am not sure why. I'm thinking it might have something to do with newer computers using higher screen resolutions, but I'm not sure. I want to better understand how functions like this one work, so if someone remembers any book resources that I can look up, that would be great. .