Online Play request

General discussion, queries, etc. about Deadlock and Deadlock II.
kitsune
Hatchling
Hatchling
Favourite Race: Maug

Online Play request

Post by kitsune »

How often are people playing DL2 these days? I love the game but I'm getting bored fighting AI who never seem to want to attack me for some reason.
SonOfDon
Colonist
Colonist
Favourite Race: Humans

Re: Online Play request

Post by SonOfDon »

kitsune wrote:How often are people playing DL2 these days? I love the game but I'm getting bored fighting AI who never seem to want to attack me for some reason.
We need a new version... systems capable of running Deadlock are gradually disappearing. The owner of the rights to the game hasn't responded however. We live in hope!
Where are we on the curve, we'll know once it goes asymptotic (hopefully).
kitsune
Hatchling
Hatchling

Post by kitsune »

Deadlock 3 would be awesome. We can dream but how likely is that - after all these years and with all the different competing titles?
Ubergeneral Grunt
Site Admin
Site Admin
Favourite Race: Tarth

Post by Ubergeneral Grunt »

I wouldn't mind playing Deadlock II online, Kitsune. I'll have to look at the options to play multiplayer over the internet, Hamachi has been suggested. I will be pretty busy for the next two weeks or so, but after that I should have time. It's getting towards the end of the year, so who knows, maybe some other forum members will be interested in getting into the fray! SonOfDon could use some incentive to play DL2. ;)

Bear in mind, I am okay at Deadlock II, but not as good as I am at Deadlock I.
kitsune wrote:I love the game but I'm getting bored fighting AI who never seem to want to attack me for some reason.
Strange, they always seem to attack me with tons of units right at the beginning, it could just be the difficulty level I play at.
Tarth cooks make best strudel, barbecue, bean dip, fish, cat food, smelt, piston rings, tofu and cam shafts...
kitsune
Hatchling
Hatchling

Post by kitsune »

Perhaps I don't have the most updated version or something. I can't even get the interactive video sequences to work. :(

I've used Hamachi in the past for other programs and found that it is pretty effective. But I don't have it anymore, so I don't know what updates it has had over the past several years.

For difficulty, I've played all levels, even hindering myself and uber boosting all 7 AI at once to see how I would handle it. They didn't act all that different tbh.

Edit - and I know I'm not that good at the game!!!
Vlad
Hatchling
Hatchling
Favourite Race: Cyth

Post by Vlad »

kitsune wrote:Perhaps I don't have the most updated version or something. I can't even get the interactive video sequences to work. :(

I've used Hamachi in the past for other programs and found that it is pretty effective. But I don't have it anymore, so I don't know what updates it has had over the past several years.

For difficulty, I've played all levels, even hindering myself and uber boosting all 7 AI at once to see how I would handle it. They didn't act all that different tbh.

Edit - and I know I'm not that good at the game!!!
Update DL2 with the patch avaible in downloads options of the page, I did it just a 6 months ago and now I have to build two lines of defenses and a regular army as soon as I can... by the way I'd love to play at last against a real oponent in DL2, my mail is andrasito6@gmail.com mail me and we'll organize a good fightin'
We are what Nighmares are Made, We are the encarnation of Ancient Rancors, We are the Silence of the Universe... WE ARE THE CYTH!