Which race is your favourite?

General discussion, queries, etc. about Deadlock and Deadlock II.

Which race is your favourite?

ChCh't
17%
Cyth
17%
Humans
17%
Maug
24%
Re'Lu
7%
Tarth
7%
Uva Mosk
10%
Skirineen
No votes
Tolnans
No votes
The Ancients
No votes

Total votes: 29

Bluesguy1
Hatchling
Hatchling
Favourite Race: ChCh-t

Re: Which race is your favourite?

Post by Bluesguy1 »

ChCht. Definitely. Grow and conquer my little bugs!

Like laying as Uva Mosk and Humans too. Never like playing as Tarth--their taunts are too much fun to miss!
sdu754
Advisor
Advisor
Favourite Race: Re'Lu

Post by sdu754 »

My favorite race to play is the Re'Lu. I always liked the ability to see everything. I also like thier special spy / command corps abilities.

The most powerful race is the Maug, they produce an insane amount of tech, build units & electronics the fastest, and have the best spies

In my opinion the weakest race is the Cyth, you may not have to worry about morale, but you only have 80% productivity. You can easily raise morale with a museum or works of art to offset crowding / taxes and its never a good idea to starve your population anyways.

My post is from the perspective of Deadlock 1
Ubergeneral Grunt
Site Admin
Site Admin
Favourite Race: Tarth

Post by Ubergeneral Grunt »

sdu754 wrote:In my opinion the weakest race is the Cyth, you may not have to worry about morale, but you only have 80% productivity. You can easily raise morale with a museum or works of art to offset crowding / taxes and its never a good idea to starve your population anyways.
I personally have found them to be far too easy, especially at 100% difficulty. Not having to worry about food and culture, as well as being able to heavily tax them with no ill effect, makes them too much of a breeze to play. Nothing will cause your morale to drop below 80%, unless you make a deal with the Skirineen, but the morale level will bounce back after one turn anyway. All these advantages easily offset the inability to use 20% of the population anyway. This is how they are in Deadlock I, I haven't played the Cyth in Deadlock II extensively enough to know if they are just as easy.
Tarth cooks make best strudel, barbecue, bean dip, fish, cat food, smelt, piston rings, tofu and cam shafts...
General9913
Colonist
Colonist
Favourite Race: Maug

Post by General9913 »

All of them are pretty cool to play. But my favorite race is the Maugs, followed by the Tarth and ChCht.
sdu754
Advisor
Advisor

Post by sdu754 »

Ubergeneral Grunt wrote:I personally have found them to be far too easy, especially at 100% difficulty. Not having to worry about food and culture, as well as being able to heavily tax them with no ill effect, makes them too much of a breeze to play. Nothing will cause your morale to drop below 80%, unless you make a deal with the Skirineen, but the morale level will bounce back after one turn anyway. All these advantages easily offset the inability to use 20% of the population anyway. This is how they are in Deadlock I, I haven't played the Cyth in Deadlock II extensively enough to know if they are just as easy.
I will admit that they are the easiest to play, but I was talking about how powerful they are. Losing every fifth new worker, and there is nothing you can do about it, is a serious handicap. A Museum only takes up 2-3 workers, that would otherwise would sit idle for the Cyth, so boosting morale isn't that big a problem. The fact that the Cyth have no other bonus, and with a decent size population, they'll have more than 2-3 workers sitting idle, every other race gets a worker productivity bonus over them. Plus starving your population will further hurt your workforce. I only play deadlock I, and have won with every race at 100%, so that is my point of reference.
Rapossu
Hatchling
Hatchling
Favourite Race: Humans

Post by Rapossu »

My favorite race is the humans, about the Cyth, i like them but their popgrow is too slow if i remember right.
kitsune
Hatchling
Hatchling
Favourite Race: Maug

Post by kitsune »

Hey guys, I'm new to this forum.

Just throwing my two bits out there; Maug are my favorite! It's a personality thing. I like their voice, taunts, and how the scouts can destroy the enemy's buildings etc.

I recently played as the Chch't and I found it too hard to resist befriending the Maug, who were colonized directly next to me. EVEN if they didn't do anything to help me out - and I caught them spying on me twice.
SonOfDon
Colonist
Colonist
Favourite Race: Humans

Post by SonOfDon »

kitsune wrote:Hey guys, I'm new to this forum.

Just throwing my two bits out there; Maug are my favorite! It's a personality thing. I like their voice, taunts, and how the scouts can destroy the enemy's buildings etc.

I recently played as the Chch't and I found it too hard to resist befriending the Maug, who were colonized directly next to me. EVEN if they didn't do anything to help me out - and I caught them spying on me twice.
Welcome to Gallius IV. I'm surprised that the Humans aren't more popular with a nice balance of qualities but it is nice to see that members are adventurous at least!
Where are we on the curve, we'll know once it goes asymptotic (hopefully).
sdu754
Advisor
Advisor

Post by sdu754 »

SonOfDon wrote:
kitsune wrote:Hey guys, I'm new to this forum.

Welcome to Gallius IV. I'm surprised that the Humans aren't more popular with a nice balance of qualities but it is nice to see that members are adventurous at least!
Human's aren't favorite, because they don't have any cool bonuses. They only get the money bonus, which can go "unseen".
osarusan
Hatchling
Hatchling
Favourite Race: ChCh-t

Post by osarusan »

This was a very tough choice for me, between Ch'Ch't and Tarth, but I went with Ch'Ch't. They are just so adorable, until they swarm you and rip you to shreds.