HELLO THIS IS GREAT!

General discussion, queries, etc. about Deadlock and Deadlock II.
TimeDilation
Advisor
Advisor
Favourite Race: Uva Mosk

HELLO THIS IS GREAT!

Post by TimeDilation »

WHAT A GREAT IDEA!!
i've been crying out so many year for having no one to play deadlock with!
this is a huge joy! i wish to play games with you all!!!

my name is riccardo and im italian, nice to be part of this community!
Vlad
Hatchling
Hatchling
Favourite Race: Cyth

Re: HELLO THIS IS GREAT!

Post by Vlad »

HI, I'm Vlad, and also I'm recently incorporated to the forum. Wich version do yo play? Here in México DL2 was the only aviable (and very strange to get). See ya!
We are what Nighmares are Made, We are the encarnation of Ancient Rancors, We are the Silence of the Universe... WE ARE THE CYTH!
TimeDilation
Advisor
Advisor
Favourite Race: Uva Mosk

Post by TimeDilation »

hola wey! tenemos de agarrar la buena onda de DL2 en 2013 eehehhe
(ok im done with spanish lets talk english ;) )

i have deadlock 2. if you need it, i have some copies in excess (my cousin had a videogame shop, and now these copies came out of dust) that i can send you for free.
contact me at creso@fastwebnet.it

some questions for you:
1) did you manage to play a multiplayer game? (i did, years ago, but dont remember what did i do with hamachi and firewalls etc)
2) were are you running deadlock? on which machine? on which system? (i run it on an EMULATION of winXP, installed on windows 7)
3) have you experienced an issue with mouse pointer? (im talking about DL2 now. initally i thought it was dued to different graphic standards of nowdays, but when i ran DL2 on original winXP system, although emulated, many doubts on this theory arose...)

thanx
Vlad
Hatchling
Hatchling
Favourite Race: Cyth

Post by Vlad »

TimeDilation wrote:hola wey! tenemos de agarrar la buena onda de DL2 en 2013 eehehhe
(ok im done with spanish lets talk english ;) )

i have deadlock 2. if you need it, i have some copies in excess (my cousin had a videogame shop, and now these copies came out of dust) that i can send you for free.
contact me at creso@fastwebnet.it

some questions for you:
1) did you manage to play a multiplayer game? (i did, years ago, but dont remember what did i do with hamachi and firewalls etc)
2) were are you running deadlock? on which machine? on which system? (i run it on an EMULATION of winXP, installed on windows 7)
3) have you experienced an issue with mouse pointer? (im talking about DL2 now. initally i thought it was dued to different graphic standards of nowdays, but when i ran DL2 on original winXP system, although emulated, many doubts on this theory arose...)

thanx
¡Que onda wey! (Yeah those are the coolest greetings here in Mexico) OK here we go: I have the fisical game (the original cd of DL2 Us version), and thanx for the offer; I'll take it in future if somethig bad happens with my cd, if you don't mind of course ^_^ And answering to your questions:

1) I couln't never managed a multiplayer game, unfortunately I did't know no one with the game, even worse until some months ago, due the lack information of DL2 on the net, I though I was the only human who kwew about the game. I don't know about hamachi program or the correct config of fire walls. But I'm in dispossition to learn.
2)I've been running DL2 in windows XP and Seven (nowadays in seven without any emulation) almost without problem except for an eventual crash of the game, but this occurrence is very rare. Wonder If we are still able to use the standar protocol for multiplaying games in DL2, nowadays if we have the originals cd's
3) Since I upgraded to V1.20 (DL2) I've been experimenting some issues at dragging units and resuorces in the main interface during game (f/e: I'm moving units to the next territory and suddenly these appears in other territory, or the army box opens while i'm draggin units)

Hope my impressions will be usefull to, messege me whenever you want. Dark greetings to you Time Dilation, ¡Adios Cabrón!
We are what Nighmares are Made, We are the encarnation of Ancient Rancors, We are the Silence of the Universe... WE ARE THE CYTH!
Ubergeneral Grunt
Site Admin
Site Admin
Favourite Race: Tarth

Post by Ubergeneral Grunt »

Deadlock II uses TCP/IP for Multiplayer games, which I do remember working under XP and should work on 7. Deadlock I for the Mac can use TCP/IP as well, but under Windows, it uses IPX.
Tarth cooks make best strudel, barbecue, bean dip, fish, cat food, smelt, piston rings, tofu and cam shafts...