DL2 Endings

General discussion, queries, etc. about Deadlock and Deadlock II.
Vlad
Hatchling
Hatchling
Favourite Race: Cyth

DL2 Endings

Post by Vlad »

Hi! after 14 years playin DL2, I finally finishid the seven campaings with their six respective escenaries, At the end of each campaign a short cinematic appears. In the manual there's a part that says "Once the seven campaings are finished, the secret of the Ancients shall be revealed" So my question is that secret is revealed through the seven cinematics or what?? My english is middle level writting and reading, but I'm pretty worse at listenig. I Know that the shrines are bio-living builds that 'maintein themselfs', that the Ancient used to move through the dark cloud, and the dark cloud itself was a protectiong againts invaders, also I understood that the ancients possesed the thecnology to time-space travel and huge ships were found underwater by the humans... but I don't understand who were the Ancestors? with who were they in conflict? why did they dissapered? what was the objetive of building those shrines?

Please if some could helpme to aport more information about the ancients and their whole role in the game, i'll be very gratefull.

Once again hope you excuse if some of my writting sounds extrange, my english is not as good as it was when I learned many years ago ^_^U SEE YA!!
We are what Nighmares are Made, We are the encarnation of Ancient Rancors, We are the Silence of the Universe... WE ARE THE CYTH!
TimeDilation
Advisor
Advisor
Favourite Race: Uva Mosk

Re: DL2 Endings

Post by TimeDilation »

when you finish a campaign in DL2 a short (and odd!) cinematic appears.
if you finish all seven, you can notice that they give you information about "the truth", but each cinematic gives you a portion.
for example, if i remember well, cyth cinematic tells about the artificial dark cloud.
mosk cinematic tells about shrines to be living beings.
tarth cinematic tells anything, just that they dont give a f*** and destroy everything!
maug tells about "ancient technologies" in the underground
human is just a nonsense submarine trip
dont remember re'lu
dont remember ch'cht except that cinematic showed them carrying some rocky stele and analyze

afterwards, the only ways to keep DL2 interesting are a) multiplayer b) editor and then multiplayer
Vlad
Hatchling
Hatchling
Favourite Race: Cyth

Post by Vlad »

TimeDilation wrote:when you finish a campaign in DL2 a short (and odd!) cinematic appears.
if you finish all seven, you can notice that they give you information about "the truth", but each cinematic gives you a portion.
for example, if i remember well, cyth cinematic tells about the artificial dark cloud.
mosk cinematic tells about shrines to be living beings.
tarth cinematic tells anything, just that they dont give a f*** and destroy everything!
maug tells about "ancient technologies" in the underground
human is just a nonsense submarine trip
dont remember re'lu
dont remember ch'cht except that cinematic showed them carrying some rocky stele and analyze

afterwards, the only ways to keep DL2 interesting are a) multiplayer b) editor and then multiplayer
Dark Greetings. I Agree with you Time dilation and thank you for the apport, I hope soon a "how to play online DL" guide will be aviable in the forum, it would be great if we all organize an interantional onslaught in DL some day
We are what Nighmares are Made, We are the encarnation of Ancient Rancors, We are the Silence of the Universe... WE ARE THE CYTH!
TimeDilation
Advisor
Advisor
Favourite Race: Uva Mosk

Post by TimeDilation »

yea dude, i just wrote the first step of the guide today.
its the set up of virtual machine and proper installing of O.S and deadlock2 with patch
>general discussion>dl2 multiplayer guide

soon i'll make an update on how to configure hamachi. but i'll have to run some tests, it will take time.
at least now there are all the phase to enjoy deadlock exactly how it was in the nineties!