Other Races' Diplomacy

General discussion, queries, etc. about Deadlock and Deadlock II.
Emala XI
Hatchling
Hatchling
Favourite Race: Maug

Other Races' Diplomacy

Post by Emala XI »

On the diplomatic screen, beneath the line that contains your relations with other races, are lines for each of the races and their relations with each other. I am near turn 250 and have never had anything appear anywhere except on my line (am playing the Humans). Suddenly I see the relations and treaties between the Cyth and the Tarth. What causes or allows you to see the relationships between other races?

Thanks
Ubergeneral Grunt
Site Admin
Site Admin
Favourite Race: Tarth

Re: Other Races' Diplomacy

Post by Ubergeneral Grunt »

You should always be able to see the different pacts between other races. If you play the game on the Supercharged difficulty level, you should see the pacts screen fill up with icons very quickly.
Tarth cooks make best strudel, barbecue, bean dip, fish, cat food, smelt, piston rings, tofu and cam shafts...
Tggtt
Ancient
Ancient

Post by Tggtt »

Probably they didn't have any pacts before that.
When they agree on a pact, it will be visible during the next turn until the turn it's broken.
Emala XI
Hatchling
Hatchling
Favourite Race: Maug

Post by Emala XI »

Ok, thanks. I can only conclude that the other races are making pacts with each other at a miniscule rate, compared with how they make pacts with me; I usually have pacts with 2-3 races in various degrees by the 50-75th turns. I am now playing a game at turn 150-some and none of the other races have any pacts with other.