Tech not listed on galliusiv.com - time warp

General discussion, queries, etc. about Deadlock and Deadlock II.
MaugTheInfirm
Advisor
Advisor
Favourite Race: Maug

Tech not listed on galliusiv.com - time warp

Post by MaugTheInfirm »

Once you've researched all techs, including "Transporters", the game opens up a final technology. I could be wrong, but think it's 10,000 research. The description says it increases production once, but in actual fact it gives +100 resource of every type in every colonized territory.

It's a game winner, by far. With 12 territories, I created 1200 works of art per turn. The black market value is 85 credits/statue, so I made over 100k credits a turn selling excess statues. I was pleasantly surprised when I passed 128k credits on such an old game without seeing a negative number for my credits. :)

Currently the website stops at "Transporters", but really there's "Time Warp" past that.
Tggtt
Ancient
Ancient

Re: Tech not listed on galliusiv.com - time warp

Post by Tggtt »

Hello MaugTheInfirm,

I didn't notice what you did, thanks for pointing it...

But... did you mean "Time Dilation"?

Lets wait for Ug. Grunt to check it, because he's the one who maintains GalliusIV.com
Ubergeneral Grunt
Site Admin
Site Admin
Favourite Race: Tarth

Post by Ubergeneral Grunt »

I didn't list it because the manual and Deadlock's in-game help doesn't, as it is meant to be a surprise for when the player finishes the tech tree for the first time.

P.S. Welcome to the board MaugTheInfirm!
Tarth cooks make best strudel, barbecue, bean dip, fish, cat food, smelt, piston rings, tofu and cam shafts...
MaugTheInfirm
Advisor
Advisor

Post by MaugTheInfirm »

Tggtt - Ah, yes. "Time Dilation" sounds more like it.

Ubergeneral - Maybe it is more fun as a surprise... Thanks for setting up this site!
sdu754
Advisor
Advisor
Favourite Race: Re'Lu

Post by sdu754 »

Ubergeneral Grunt wrote:I didn't list it because the manual and Deadlock's in-game help doesn't, as it is meant to be a surprise for when the player finishes the tech tree for the first time.

P.S. Welcome to the board MaugTheInfirm!
The game can usually be won before this point.
TimeDilation
Advisor
Advisor
Favourite Race: Uva Mosk

Post by TimeDilation »

it's a pity that after you research that, basically you find yourself full of scrap research centers! ^_^
MaugTheInfirm
Advisor
Advisor

Post by MaugTheInfirm »

In general I agree the game is over once you have time dilation - and your collective tech labs go with it.

But if you restrict yourself to a limited number of territories, like 2-3, you actually wind up so far behind that you need everything you can get. So under the limited circumstance of not allowing myself a 4th territory, I can wind up with both time dilation and research centers.

The reason to place restrictions like that is to renew the game, making it a fresh challenge.
Tggtt
Ancient
Ancient

Post by Tggtt »

TimeDilation wrote:it's a pity that after you research that, basically you find yourself full of scrap research centers! ^_^
We are posting after TimeDilation... so the research centers... NEVERMIND, it was a stupid joke!

Well, after Time Dilation is researched, I usually use the research centers to make a lot of electronic components which is useful for building many units. Still, I demolish some of the centers as well.