Why the ChCh't Hate Cloning

General discussion, queries, etc. about Deadlock and Deadlock II.
Marcom
Hatchling
Hatchling
Favourite Race: Maug

Why the ChCh't Hate Cloning

Post by Marcom »

At first, it puzzled me that the ChCh't would be so hostile to cloning. After all, they're a numerous species that seems to put a low value on individual life (as seen in sting boxing and the Dance of Devouring).

But then I realized that the Dance of Devouring actually provides an explanation. By being devoured by the Queen, the ChCh't's body is used as fuel to create more ChCh't. Their deaths mean something.

Cloning, on the other hand, completely undercuts this. While the Dance of Devouring isn't essential to ChCh't reproduction, it plays a major cultural role. Clones indicate that the devoured ChCh't gave up their lives for nothing.

I have no idea if this is what the game designers were thinking, but it does provide a good explanation.
Tggtt
Ancient
Ancient

Re: Why the ChCh't Hate Cloning

Post by Tggtt »

That's a very interesting post Marcom,

I have never used cloning with ChCh't myself.

But in a way... every race hates cloning, maybe except the Cyth who don't care about anything?

This seems pretty much related to Deadlock II. I wish to move it to General Discussion.
Please tell me if you have any arguments against!

Thanks!
Marcom
Hatchling
Hatchling

Post by Marcom »

Tggtt wrote:That's a very interesting post Marcom,

I have never used cloning with ChCh't myself.

But in a way... every race hates cloning, maybe except the Cyth who don't care about anything?

This seems pretty much related to Deadlock II. I wish to move it to General Discussion.
Please tell me if you have any arguments against!

Thanks!
I think that all of the races hate cloning, but the manual said ChCh't hate it more than the others. And feel free to move it.
General9913
Colonist
Colonist

Post by General9913 »

Wow, that's very interesting indeed!

I've never used cloning with ChCh't either :lol: