Deadlock 2: fusion tank accidentally detonates?

General discussion, queries, etc. about Deadlock and Deadlock II.
MaugTheInfirm
Advisor
Advisor
Favourite Race: Maug

Deadlock 2: fusion tank accidentally detonates?

Post by MaugTheInfirm »

I'm plaing the ChtCht campaign of Deadlock II, and I've reached the level where the Tarth start out with a shrine. You have 30 turns to retake it or they win. So I got next to that square, and sent 2 fusion cannon in, with orders to retreat at 25% damage. I just wanted to do some damage, repair and then do it again.

My fusion cannon in front took hits from a laser tower and the populace and turned back. My second fusion cannon helped finish off the laser tower, and retreated while killing one of the militia on it's tail. Then the other fusion cannon - near the edge of the screen, and far away from any enemy units... just blew up. It's possible I could have missed some mines on the way in, and hit them on the way out. But I don't recall seeing that before.

Anyone else seen a unit get destroyed at the edge of the map without a visible cause?

(As a reminder, I was fighting the Tarth - there were no Cyth Command Corp nearby to mind blast my tanks).
Tggtt
Ancient
Ancient

Re: Deadlock 2: fusion tank accidentally detonates?

Post by Tggtt »

Hi MaugTheInfirm!

Unfortunatelly DL2 has lots of bugs, I remember when Grunt and I played a DL2 game and I had several units defending and they vanished when I got attacked.
My current hypothesis is that custom orders are bugged in DL2.

Anyway, please check if you have a save game, I would love to check it.
MaugTheInfirm
Advisor
Advisor
Favourite Race: Maug

Re: Deadlock 2: fusion tank accidentally detonates?

Post by MaugTheInfirm »

I sent later waves of units that hit mines, so I'd point to those as the cause. I just don't recall hitting mines while retreating - that was odd. So that must be what happened: I sent 2 fusion cannons to attack, and neither of them hit mines on the way in. The first one that retreated hit mines on the way back to base.

I save every turn owing to the "unit orders" crashes. Sometimes when you pick a unit and give it an order, the game crashes. Tends to be with larger groups of units, and later in the game. And I think it happens more with the first units in a group (I tend to give orders to the last units first).

I have all my save games from the campaign, but I'd need to track down which turn I encountered mines while retreating. Isn't it a random chance anyways? Meaning, if you click the turn button, I don't know if you'll get the same result.