Remake

General discussion, queries, etc. about Deadlock and Deadlock II.
drunkennewbie
Hatchling
Hatchling
Favourite Race: Uva Mosk

Remake

Post by drunkennewbie »

Has anyone discussed or tried to make a remake of deadlock 1 or 2? or even make a 3? I am sure the copy right is up and the game being remade would also allow it to get on systems like ipad and such
SonOfDon
Colonist
Colonist
Favourite Race: Humans

Re: Remake

Post by SonOfDon »

drunkennewbie wrote:Has anyone discussed or tried to make a remake of deadlock 1 or 2? or even make a 3? I am sure the copy right is up and the game being remade would also allow it to get on systems like ipad and such
Welcome to Gallius IV.

There has been much discussion! Check out other threads on the topic and have your say! (There is a specific thread on Deadlock on the iPad.) You might find Questions about Deadlock particularly interesting.

The rights to Deadlock are owned by Atari, based in France. They have not been at all communicative.

All the best.
Where are we on the curve, we'll know once it goes asymptotic (hopefully).
drunkennewbie
Hatchling
Hatchling

Post by drunkennewbie »

I would of though their copyright of it would be up. I figured the ywouldn't release the code but could still use concpt to make it. I will look at the threads. Thank you
SonOfDon
Colonist
Colonist
Favourite Race: Humans

Post by SonOfDon »

drunkennewbie wrote:I would of though their copyright of it would be up. I figured the ywouldn't release the code but could still use concpt to make it. I will look at the threads. Thank you
You're welcome. Deadlock was actually a big budget production with a tremendous amount of artistic and technical achievement. I am sure that one might get away with reproducing the game if done from scratch, however, it would be nice to have access to the original resources.

All the best.
Where are we on the curve, we'll know once it goes asymptotic (hopefully).
drunkennewbie
Hatchling
Hatchling

Post by drunkennewbie »

Agree, I know it was a quote large project with plenty of glitches that if fixed would of been awesome. I am all for helping whomever create a number 3. As for the original code. I am still scrolling through the post, which is awesome mind you. I might have a idea but i wanna finish reading the post before I throw it out there.