At a loss for what works.

Ask here for technical assistance with installing, running, etc. Forum related issues should be reported here, too.
The_Banished
Hatchling
Hatchling
Favourite Race: Maug

At a loss for what works.

Post by The_Banished »

Hey guys, I'm quite happy to have actually found a group that still enjoys a good classic.

In anycase, on to the issue at hand:

I broke my cd. To be more accurate, my daughter shattered the poor disc.
I've been searching for hours now as to if there are any solutions, and I'm coming up with not a darn thing.
Are there any legitimate or semi shady ways of solving this issue? A crack or a place to actually GET a disc? I've started searching sites for sales, but I have a feeling the simplest solution would just be a crack.

Any suggestions or advice?

Thanks for listening :)
Ubergeneral Grunt
Site Admin
Site Admin
Favourite Race: Tarth

Re: At a loss for what works.

Post by Ubergeneral Grunt »

I'm sorry, I don't really see any legal way I can help. There are ways to get the game running without the disk (not via a crack), but unfortunately I can't detail them here.
Tarth cooks make best strudel, barbecue, bean dip, fish, cat food, smelt, piston rings, tofu and cam shafts...
General9913
Colonist
Colonist
Favourite Race: Maug

Post by General9913 »

As Ubergeneral Grunt said, there is a way to run the game without the cd and a crack. But I don't know how its done, nor if its legal.

Anyway, when you obtain the disk, you can copy the cd content and transform it into an "iso" file, with the appropiate tool. This way, if you ever lost the cd again, you can emulate the image into another cd (or burn it) or even in computer. This "iso" file is a backup. I have the game both on cd and at the computer, in a partition. In a laptop, its a good idea to do the latter option, the noise is annoying. Not to mention that it can get more hot than without the cd in the drive.
Robdog
Hatchling
Hatchling
Favourite Race: ChCh-t

Post by Robdog »

I own a legal copy of the disc (somewhere around...) which I got off eBay AU a few years ago - still in it's original box with the manuals, in pretty good shape too. I created an ISO image of the disc and run it off daemon tools so as never to touch the disc, or worry about it overly much if it ever got lost. Seeing as how you're the owner of a legal copy, I don't see a reason why you couldn't download an ISO from one of the well-known torrent sites. PM me if you need a hand with it
qwerty1999
Hatchling
Hatchling
Favourite Race: Tolnans

Post by qwerty1999 »

Maybe just download iso image of deadlock? I don't see anything illegal in this action because game is not being selled anymore, so you have no other way.

I got my disc from here <Link Removed> Linking to illegal copies of the game is not allowed.
TimeDilation
Advisor
Advisor
Favourite Race: Uva Mosk

Post by TimeDilation »

contact me at creso@fastwebnet.it
i send you deadlock2 FOR FREE