Australian Free TV loses The Daily Show and Colbert Report

Off-Topic. Remember to follow forum rules.
Ubergeneral Grunt
Site Admin
Site Admin
Favourite Race: Tarth

Australian Free TV loses The Daily Show and Colbert Report

Post by Ubergeneral Grunt »

Last week it was revealed that the Comedy Channel (Foxtel Pay TV Channel) had regained exclusive rights to air The Daily Show with Jon Stewart and The Colbert Report. Meaning that they will no longer be shown on the ad free ABC2. While the Colbert Report finished last week, the Daily Show will finish up on ABC2 at the end of the month. The pair originally began airing on ABC2 at the beginning of last year.

http://blogs.crikey.com.au/whitenoise/2 ... s-colbert/

So, if your an Australian like me, who watched the Colbert Report and/or Daily Show, commercial free on ABC2, you certainly feel explosively angry about this. :evil:

I personally think Foxtel isn't worth the money, so I am going to watch the Colbert Report though alternative means (never really watched TDS). Even Foxtel users should be upset, now they have to watch these shows with ads!

This had to happen the week before The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson airs for the first time in Australia. :cry:
Tarth cooks make best strudel, barbecue, bean dip, fish, cat food, smelt, piston rings, tofu and cam shafts...
Robdog
Hatchling
Hatchling
Favourite Race: ChCh-t

Re: Australian Free TV loses The Daily Show and Colbert Repo

Post by Robdog »