Forum and Site Updates

Deadlock and Gallius IV announcements and news.
Ubergeneral Grunt
Site Admin
Site Admin
Favourite Race: Tarth

Forum and Site Updates

Post by Ubergeneral Grunt »

Hello everyone,

Yesterday I updated the forum software to the latest version, mainly for security reasons. Unfortunately, the Subsilver theme that was used here in a modified form before is no longer included in the latest version. I have therefore switched over to the only in-built theme: Prosilver and ported over as many of the icons as I can for the time being. I will hopefully add-in the more troublesome ones to change back in before too long. Some things may still not be working correctly, so let me know if you encounter any issues and I will attempt to fix them. Also, mobile viewing seems to be much improved now.

Regarding the main site, I was intending to post an article on my Deadlock adventure from last year for the site's eighth anniversary, but did not get a chance to finish it due to being busy with my thesis. I was lucky enough to have dinner with Russell Shiffer, Ken Capelli and Paul Kwinn in Redwood Shores, California (Dan Evans was unable to come because he was sick), lunch with Chip Harris in Oakland, California and dinner with Mark Jensen in Saint Paul, Minnesota back in July - August of last year. Hopefully I will be able to get that article out before too long so the interesting conversations that were had can be revealed (at least, as much as is reasonably possible).

- Grunt.
Tarth cooks make best strudel, barbecue, bean dip, fish, cat food, smelt, piston rings, tofu and cam shafts...