Custom Deadlock 2 sceario: The One

See what Deadlock fans are creating, whether it be fan games, art or scenarios.
MaugTheInfirm
Advisor
Advisor
Favourite Race: Maug

Custom Deadlock 2 sceario: The One

Post by MaugTheInfirm »

When you have less money than the turn number, you know it's a tough Deadlock game.

I've created a scenario where you start out with 1. One colonist (no colonizer), one territory. It's a bit of a challenge with 4 allied enemies near the edge of the map, and your lone territory forming an island in the middle. But you start with a farm on 4 food bonus squares, another farm on 4 wood bonus squares, etc. You start with no money at all, and zero of each resource.

Owing to the cramped space and slow colonist growth early on, the computer enemies have a tech advantage. Especially since they're super-charged, and one pair even formed a technology sharing pact. There's times where I could attack fleets near the island, mine seas nearby, but then get wiped out by a larger enemy force. It's very much a defensive game at that point, so I'll probably tweak it to have more initial colonists and maybe 3 enemies instead of 4.

Is there an uploads or custom scenario section of the site for sharing scenarios?

I've attached the custom scenario in case others want the "beta" version. :)
Tggtt
Ancient
Ancient

Re: Custom Deadlock 2 sceario: The One

Post by Tggtt »

MaugTheInfirm wrote:Is there an uploads or custom scenario section of the site for sharing scenarios?

I've attached the custom scenario in case others want the "beta" version. :)
Huh? (Deadlock 1 internals reference)

I cannot see any attachment here... You can zip the file and upload it here.

By the way... I totally support the map sharing idea, MaugTheInfirm!

I have also suggested to share savegames for Deadlock 2 campaign after I lost my save games.
It would be nice to have saves for each campaign level.
MaugTheInfirm
Advisor
Advisor

Post by MaugTheInfirm »

Trying to post ".SCE" earlier but couldn't - had to compress it to .zip file. I think this time it will be attached / uploaded correctly.

I think the scenario will be better balanced with 2-3 enemy, and 3-5 starting colonists. The number of colonists acts as a delay factor on the player's growth. The enemy starts super-boosted: ahead on technology, and allied against you. So I probably overdid it on this beta version.

I'm playing it now, and when finished will customize and play it again. Hope others like the idea!
Attachments
TheOne.zip
Island Defense - try to win without colonizing more than initial territory. This Deadlock II mission features a very productive island, but enemies on all four continents.
(29.18 KiB) Downloaded 692 times
MaugTheInfirm
Advisor
Advisor

Post by MaugTheInfirm »

Scenario "The One" had 4 enemies, but Chcht and Tarth did the most damage. The map was large, and the unit max hit during my scenario, causing stalemate (or... deadlock? :). I decided it was a stalemate around turn 140, and created the following "Island Defense vs 2 enemy".

- you start with normal allocation of resources (4 colonists + 1 colonizer + resources).
- only 2 enemies, but still super-charged.
- corner island instead of map center, makes defense more reasonable.
- smaller map, so less likely to hit maximum number of units on a map.
Attachments
OneIsland Vs Two Enemy.zip
Island defense. You have 1 territory, normal starting resources, and have Tarth and Chcht continents to conquer.
(20.52 KiB) Downloaded 672 times
MaugTheInfirm
Advisor
Advisor

Post by MaugTheInfirm »

Good stuff! "OneIsland vs Two Enemy" is much better balanced.

I waited 75 turns, trying to defeat two continents of enemy holding only my own island territory. Then I switched to expansion, and pushing into enemy territory. The AI is too passive on water maps, generally, but does take over a platform of mine on occasion. My landing on the Tarth continent happened on turn 140, and I wiped out the last bit of ChCht army on turn 192.

Update: Deadlock II only allows sea platforms in "coastal sea territories". Played countless hours before ever realizing this problem - just saw it as a bug before. So on this map, only 3 ocean territories adjoin your starting territory. Expanding beyond those 3 you need to build off an enemy coastline.