#OpenDeadlock at Freenode.net

See what Deadlock fans are creating, whether it be fan games, art or scenarios.
Tggtt
Ancient
Ancient

#OpenDeadlock at Freenode.net

Post by Tggtt »

I am glad to announce that #OpenDeadlock at Freenode.net has been successfully restored.

The channel has been online since March 8th, 2014, but since today it is officially registered as an opensource group project.

Anyone is free to join and chat by using their own IRC client.
You can also use Kiwi IRC if you don't have one.

Many thanks to the freenode support team, specially Fuchs, who answered most of my requests.
Tggtt
Ancient
Ancient

Re: #OpenDeadlock at Freenode.net

Post by Tggtt »

Update:
For some unknown reason, Freenode deleted all channels and all nicknames recently. I am just here to notify that #OpenDeadlock was also reregistered.
Therefore, all previous instructions are still valid.

On the bright side, all users' IP-addresses are hidden by default now, so no need to be afraid of joining.
Tggtt
Ancient
Ancient

Re: #OpenDeadlock at Freenode.net

Post by Tggtt »

Update:
For some unknown reason, Freenode now makes user registration mandatory.

Despite the notice on page https://freenode.net/kb/answer/sasl the webchat is still affected by this change.

Most of OpenDeadlock members have not registered and used to talk to me there without login.
I do not agree on this change and I have requested that they lift the restriction from https://webchat.freenode.net/ but I had no luck yet.

I am probably going to create another channel elsewhere as well.
We have an old discordapp channel for ages (which they call "discord server"), I am probably going to revive it.
Tggtt
Ancient
Ancient

#OpenDeadlock at Libera.Chat

Post by Tggtt »

We have been facing too many issues with the constant changes that were imposed by the new Freenode.net team.
Forbidding unregistered users has killed all our recent meetings. User registration has become more bureaucratic than I have expected.
They do not seem to focus on free/open source projects anymore.

Since the old Freenode.net team moved to Libera.Chat, I have also created a channel there:
  1. Web Clients:
    1. Experimental Lightweight Libera.Chat web client (gamja).
    2. Kiwi IRC Web chat client.
    1. Direct Connection IRC Clients:
      1. Direct TCP SSL/TLS encrypted connection: irc://irc.libera.chat:6697/#OpenDeadlock
Any of these options connects to the very same channel. You are free to choose the best option for yourself.

Besides, I have created a new channel at MindForge.org, which is easier to connect.
Please consider visiting as well.