Deadlock'd Stellaris

See what Deadlock fans are creating, whether it be fan games, art or scenarios.
Marcom
Hatchling
Hatchling
Favourite Race: Maug

Deadlock'd Stellaris

Post by Marcom »

Hey, stumbled upon this forum today. I played the original Deadlock as an 8th grader, and had a lot of fun with it. I periodically revisited the game, and a lot of it stayed with me. I think it's because each of the races felt so distinct.

Have you heard of Stellaris? It's a 4x space game. Using the customization options, it's pretty easy to to recreate the Deadlock races in a way that's similar to the original. One of the problems I had with Stellaris's base game is that I'd get disoriented by the sheer number of alien races—and since they're randomized, I'd never see them again in subsequent games. By using Deadlock as a basis, I limit the number of possible alien factions, and don't have to deal with that many of them (I included all the playable races, plus the Skirineen and Tolnan).

Anyway, good to see you all!
Tggtt
Ancient
Ancient

Re: Deadlock'd Stellaris

Post by Tggtt »

Hello Marcom,

I am not the admin but... Welcome to Gallius!

There was also the project of making a mod for Alpha Centauri, but we haven't heard from them for a while.

Since it's easy, we would always recommend trying.

We are writing a wiki on Deadlock, there you can find and share more information on the races that could be useful for you!

Best of luck.

I would like to move this to Creative Corner, because it's the place for fan games.
Please tell if you have any arguments against it!
Marcom
Hatchling
Hatchling
Favourite Race: Maug

Post by Marcom »

Tggtt wrote:Hello Marcom,

I am not the admin but... Welcome to Gallius!

There was also the project of making a mod for Alpha Centauri, but we haven't heard from them for a while.

Since it's easy, we would always recommend trying.

We are writing a wiki on Deadlock, there you can find and share more information on the races that could be useful for you!

Best of luck.

I would like to move this to Creative Corner, because it's the place for fan games.
Please tell if you have any arguments against it!
Thanks! And yeah, feel free to move it.
osarusan
Hatchling
Hatchling
Favourite Race: ChCh-t

Post by osarusan »

Hey, I was just googling for Deadlock + Stellaris and this came up.

I played so many hours of Deadlock 1 & 2 when I was in middle school. That series was one of my favorite games ever.
Like OP here, I've also found that Stellaris brings back fond memories of Deadlock in a way that no other space game has for me.

Just curious, did OP or anyone else ever start working on incorporating the Deadlock races into Stellaris? Because that would be one amazing workshop addition.