Yet another multiplayer-problem (win xp)

Ask here for technical assistance with installing, running, etc. Forum related issues should be reported here, too.
slipzen
Hatchling
Hatchling
Favourite Race: Maug

Yet another multiplayer-problem (win xp)

Post by slipzen »

Hi! I havnt been able to play DL in multiplayer and it annoys the hell out of me. I'm trying to run it XP to XP and to no avail. When a game is created it never shows in the "lobby" of the other computer. Any help?

I'm seriously considering installing win 95 just to get it to work...
Ubergeneral Grunt
Site Admin
Site Admin
Favourite Race: Tarth

Re: Yet another multiplayer-problem (win xp)

Post by Ubergeneral Grunt »

I have never tried multiplayer on Deadlock for Windows, so I can't be of much help. It could be a network issue, it could be XP not playing nice with old protocols, it could be an issue with Deadlock. Installing Win95 could help, at least telling you whether it is an issue with XP or not. Deadlock would run better under Win95 in the single-player mode at least (sounds and music will play, under XP they generally don't).

I have tried Deadlock II with multiplayer (over TCP/IP), XP to XP and it worked perfectly, so if you own Deadlock II, that might be the easier option (even if you prefer Deadlock 1).

Sorry if I'm not much help, maybe someone with more experience than me with the multiplayer portion could help.
Tarth cooks make best strudel, barbecue, bean dip, fish, cat food, smelt, piston rings, tofu and cam shafts...
qwerty1999
Hatchling
Hatchling
Favourite Race: Tolnans

Re: Yet another multiplayer-problem (win xp)

Post by qwerty1999 »

Maybe your firewall blocks net activity of the program, or u trying to use ipx connection without enabling ipx protocol to your connection.