From Mexico... HI to Everyone!!!

General discussion, queries, etc. about Deadlock and Deadlock II.
Vlad
Hatchling
Hatchling
Favourite Race: Cyth

From Mexico... HI to Everyone!!!

Post by Vlad »

Hi, I'm Mexican, I'm 27 years old, and started playing Deadlock II since the secundary school (it was a christmas present when I was 12 and I got engaged with it very soon) until this day. This Game is awsome (and think it's also for people a bit obssessive like me ^^). Never though to find a real community dedicated to this so significative game to me (I just couldn't stop laughing with the deadlock comics). I Hope to participate with you and discuss several topics I would like to. By the way my real name is Cristian and my nick is Vlad, you can call me by either.

PD. I have a long time without practicing my english, so hope you excuse any strange writting. See you soon!!
We are what Nighmares are Made, We are the encarnation of Ancient Rancors, We are the Silence of the Universe... WE ARE THE CYTH!
Ubergeneral Grunt
Site Admin
Site Admin
Favourite Race: Tarth

Re: From Mexico... HI to Everyone!!!

Post by Ubergeneral Grunt »

Hi Vlad, welcome to the forum.

Is the version of Deadlock II you own just the US version or some other version?
Tarth cooks make best strudel, barbecue, bean dip, fish, cat food, smelt, piston rings, tofu and cam shafts...
TimeDilation
Advisor
Advisor
Favourite Race: Uva Mosk

Post by TimeDilation »

Hi grunt, since you are the site admin, and since i guess you managed to play DL2 multiplayer recently, can you make a summin-up thread of how to set a tcp/ip game through hamachi?

i remember i was able to do that once, but now i dont remember what i did, firewall settings, port forwarding or so...
Also i need someone to test my settings with (correct settings= see a open room, wrong settings = msg "DL2 waiting for other players" forever)

it could be very VERY useful, especially if we want to play BIG multi games with the dudes on here!

thanx
Ubergeneral Grunt
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hi TimeDilation,

I'm sorry, I really don't know anything about Hamachi and haven't played any Deadlock II games over it. The only multiplayer game of Deadlock I played in the past few years was Deadlock 1 for Macintosh over AppleTalk.
Tarth cooks make best strudel, barbecue, bean dip, fish, cat food, smelt, piston rings, tofu and cam shafts...
TimeDilation
Advisor
Advisor

Post by TimeDilation »

oh, well... i'm working around it, and i tell you it's possible.

once i'll make it, i'll post a detailed guide on how to set it properly!
Ubergeneral Grunt
Site Admin
Site Admin

Thanks, mate!
TimeDilation
Advisor
Advisor

Post by TimeDilation »

no problem! im drooling to play a multiplayer DL2 game!
the fact is that im moving to belgium right now, so im a bit (a lot) busy in getting a life in a new country. it will take some time....
Vlad
Hatchling
Hatchling
Favourite Race: Cyth

Post by Vlad »

Ubergeneral Grunt wrote:Hi Vlad, welcome to the forum.

Is the version of Deadlock II you own just the US version or some other version?
Dark Greetings to you Ubergeneral. It is the Us version, and still I keep the manual in perfect conditions (printed in black and white, I don't know (and I would like to) if others versions where printed in color) , as a matter of fact it's on my cpu right now.
We are what Nighmares are Made, We are the encarnation of Ancient Rancors, We are the Silence of the Universe... WE ARE THE CYTH!