My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Off-Topic. Remember to follow forum rules.
Tomgrakk
Colonist
Colonist
Favourite Race: Cyth

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Post by Tomgrakk »

Hello, everyone.

I'd be interested to know if there are any fans of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic on this forum.

In case you are unaware, Friendship is Magic is the latest installment in the long-running My Little Pony franchise, and seeks to do away with what made the first generations of the show and toy line reprehensible in the eyes of so many people. It incorporates self-aware humor, a more streamlined art style and strong characterization, along with clever writing and superb voice work (not to mention a far more compelling storyline and more diabolical antagonists). This new show was created by Lauren Faust, well known for her work such as The Powerpuff Girls and Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends.

If you have seen the show, then great! If you haven't, I strongly recommend it. The whole series (currently nearing its third season) is readily available on YouTube. I assure you you won't regret it!
kitsune
Hatchling
Hatchling
Favourite Race: Maug

Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Post by kitsune »

Seen it. I like it, but I refuse to become a brony!!!
Vlad
Hatchling
Hatchling
Favourite Race: Cyth

Post by Vlad »

Tomgrakk wrote:Hello, everyone.

I'd be interested to know if there are any fans of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic on this forum.

In case you are unaware, Friendship is Magic is the latest installment in the long-running My Little Pony franchise, and seeks to do away with what made the first generations of the show and toy line reprehensible in the eyes of so many people. It incorporates self-aware humor, a more streamlined art style and strong characterization, along with clever writing and superb voice work (not to mention a far more compelling storyline and more diabolical antagonists). This new show was created by Lauren Faust, well known for her work such as The Powerpuff Girls and Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends.

If you have seen the show, then great! If you haven't, I strongly recommend it. The whole series (currently nearing its third season) is readily available on YouTube. I assure you you won't regret it!
Hi! Tomgrakk, the bronie phenomenon is pretty new for me. I'm a very great fan of japanease Anime, so I think I've became familiar with 'not for children animation', so when I knew about all the stir around MLP, I dicided to watch the two first episodes (the only two I've seen) and they didn't seem very extraordinary to me. But there are a lot of people (even in 4chan) defending MLP and claiming it is not for children at all. I would like to know what's or where's the real essence of MLP that so hard defend their fans, conssidering this show was planned to focus on 4-11 aged girls. it's a very interesting matter to me, thanx Tom and excuse my english.
We are what Nighmares are Made, We are the encarnation of Ancient Rancors, We are the Silence of the Universe... WE ARE THE CYTH!
Emala XI
Hatchling
Hatchling
Favourite Race: Maug

Post by Emala XI »

The brony phenomenon is one of those signs of how soft and safe live has become for most people in 21st century Western Civilization. When I was a child in Western North Carolina I went to school with children who did not have shoes and came to school barefoot. They each had a pair of shoes but these had to be saved for the cold weather months. Until contemporary times people were not so coddled and safe and living in luxury as to have time to spend on things like bronyism. Friendship is good. Softness and slackness, physical, moral, and emotional is not. I am afraid I cannot see this as a sign of anything but civilizational flabbiness. The intent of the people involved is honest and good but they should spend their energies on something more serious. Our civilization has become trivial and shallow to a degree that would shock and dismay former generations. I wonder what the World War II generation would have said if someone had started bronyism in 1941.