Deadlock on iPad

General discussion, queries, etc. about Deadlock and Deadlock II.
SonOfDon
Colonist
Colonist
Favourite Race: Humans

Deadlock on iPad

Post by SonOfDon »

Deadllock on the iPad would be brilliant! Ease of navigating screen real estate, especially when moving assets about the map, would need to be thought out and managed very carefully. Thoughts?
Where are we on the curve, we'll know once it goes asymptotic (hopefully).
Ubergeneral Grunt
Site Admin
Site Admin
Favourite Race: Tarth

Re: Deadlock on iPad

Post by Ubergeneral Grunt »

I concur. Not just on the iPad, but all iOS devices, Mac OS X and maybe the Apple TV if it gets an App Store.
Tarth cooks make best strudel, barbecue, bean dip, fish, cat food, smelt, piston rings, tofu and cam shafts...
surchk
Colonist
Colonist
Favourite Race: Uva Mosk

Post by surchk »

THAT, is something I would love to see. I just bought a new Lenovo all in one PC with a touch screen. I came across my DL2 cd the other day, decided to pop it in and play. For the hell of it I was playing with the touch screen and it was FUN!! Only issue I had was navigating the tech-tree. Flicking clearly wouldnt work, so I had to switch over to the mouse to scroll through the tech tree.

Anyway, DL on the iPad sounds fun and awesome. BTW name is Surch and I just registered. Nice to meet you guys.
Ubergeneral Grunt
Site Admin
Site Admin

I tried Deadlock II on a friends 64-bit Windows 7 set up and was quite amazed to see it worked, out-of-the-box, with nearly no issues. The spoken dialog wasn't working, but I didn't try compatibility mode, so that might fix it. I tried running Deadlock I on Windows 7, too. But I always got a crash, even with compatibility mode. The Tech Tree in DL2 can be a REAL pain. Being a Mac user and with no DL2 for that platform, I had to use Virtual PC to run Windows and DL2. For some reason, I could never get the Tech Tree to scroll. This was with a mouse, though. I couldn't find a work around, but now, DL2 seems to work fine in Virtual Box under Mac OS X Snow Leopard.

Anyway, welcome to the forum surchk. It's good to know there are still Deadlock fans out there. I have written to Atari about Deadlock on the iPad. I haven't received a response, but it was worth a try.
Tarth cooks make best strudel, barbecue, bean dip, fish, cat food, smelt, piston rings, tofu and cam shafts...
surchk
Colonist
Colonist

Post by surchk »

I'm running a Win 7 x64 platform right now. I have a game currently going using the Uva Mosk im on turn 233 right now with no crash so far :D :D :D .

Only thing is the game doesnt install on this platform. I copied the contents of the CD to a folder on the hard drive and im running the game out of the INSTALL folder that was from the CD. Working out pretty great so far without a hitch. Plays just like it used to on my old Win95 and Win98 machines :) . All of the animations and audio seems to be working fine.
Ubergeneral Grunt
Site Admin
Site Admin

Have you played Deadlock 1, surchk? Or just Deadlock 2?
surchk
Colonist
Colonist

Post by surchk »

Ive played both of them. I happen to like DL2 a little more than DL1, the cosmetics were a little more appealing :D. Plus I dont even know where my DL1 CD went :(
SonOfDon
Colonist
Colonist
Favourite Race: Humans

Post by SonOfDon »

Surch - welcome to the site, thanks for your contributions so far.
Where are we on the curve, we'll know once it goes asymptotic (hopefully).
surchk
Colonist
Colonist

Post by surchk »

SonOfDon wrote:Surch - welcome to the site, thanks for your contributions so far.

Thanks! I tend to stick around and hope to see this forum grow. Its been a pleasure meeting you guys.
Ubergeneral Grunt
Site Admin
Site Admin

Nice, typing "Deadlock iPad" into Google, brings this topic up. It appears second from the bottom, on the first page, in most regions. It's the only link on the first page to actually be related to Deadlock.