Deadlock 2 questions.

Need advice on Colony Management? Help with the Shrine Wars Campaign? Ask here.
LSF
Hatchling
Hatchling
Favourite Race: Humans

Deadlock 2 questions.

Post by LSF »

1. How is the maintenance of the army calculated? Paying 176 gold for 7 ships, the most are requiring 1 or 2 gold according to the in game stats.
2. How does the "fuel system" works? Fuel depots are cheap and I build them everywhere, but still i nice to know what they do.
Tggtt
Ancient
Ancient

Re: Deadlock 2 questions.

Post by Tggtt »

Hello LSF, thanks for your interest!

I think your questions apply to Deadlock 1 as well:
  1. I am not sure exactly how it's calculated for Deadlock 2 but I am mostly sure that units have an upkeep attribute that you have to pay them every turn, I am among the people who are searching for these attributes and we are going to post them once they are available. In Deadlock 1, for instance, I am sure that the upkeep price is shown when setting to build unit type or when we check unit orders;
  2. When you move units from territories that have fuel depots, they can move farther for a single turn. This could be the difference between being able to attack someone away in a single turn or not.
sdu754
Advisor
Advisor
Favourite Race: Re'Lu

Re: Deadlock 2 questions.

Post by sdu754 »

Fuel depots are basically landing strips. Think of them as airports that you can't build units in. They are only useful to extend the range of your planes. It's a waste to build them unless you need to get to a territory out of the range of your airports. If you have ever gotten the warning that if you move your ne to that territory to the selected territory it will crash at the end of the turn, it means you're out of range of a fuel depot, airport, airbase or carrier ship.