Racial Stats

Need advice on Colony Management? Help with the Shrine Wars Campaign? Ask here.
Siwinger
Hatchling
Hatchling
Favourite Race: Cyth

Racial Stats

Post by Siwinger »

Hi first time poster here

I was wondering what were the specific stat difference between the races? :ugeek:

I know that Tarth is the biggest meanest Juggernauts on the battlefield, but by how much?

How much faster do the Maug research then the others? ( In the deadlock 1 manual it says that they have more technologies available to research) do they have unique technologies?

Cht'Cht have weaker infantry and artillery units, are those weaker then Re'lu or the same strength?

The Cyth Mind blast ability does it have %chance to trigger or is it cooldown based?

Uva Mosk rain dance ability what are the chances that it will trigger? can u reload the save untill it triggers, or is every turn seeded (always the same outcome)

Human Juggernaut ability increases their attack but kills them afterward I think its twice the damage but i'm not sure, They get more from taxes but how much, Is it more then Cyth on oppressive taxes?

Re'Lu Mind control ability, the same question as Cyths mind blast.

Any one who has any information on any of these questions, or a link to a site with the information would be appreciated.

To clarify I would like to know that stats in numbers so I can more accurately plan my conquest of the planets for the glory of the Hive Queen/Veil Lord/Uber General/Grand Hortus.
For Deadlock 1 and 2, as both are great games and I switch between them. :D
uranix
Hatchling
Hatchling
Favourite Race: Re'Lu

Re: Racial Stats

Post by uranix »

Hi, in DL2 there are some numbers on the race screen when starting a game and in help. Maybe you'll find more info here on the forum by OpenDeadlock project which is trying to decode the original files.
Siwinger
Hatchling
Hatchling

Post by Siwinger »

Hi, Thanks for the fast reply

I have looked at the in-game information and it sure informs you off certain traits, strength and weaknesses of the races. But I would like the information in numbers. For example how much stronger are Tarth units versus Cyth or Re'Lu units.

I will look up this OpenDeadlock project as it seems like a good project that I would like to get behind.
Tggtt
Ancient
Ancient

Post by Tggtt »

Hi Siwinger, welcome to GalliusIV.

Based on your question I added a post at decoding news.
Unfortunatelly we don't know everything yet.

Still, you might wish to check the decoding news and the Deadlock Wikia, which is also maintained by this community.

Some questions I can answer:
Siwinger wrote:How much faster do the Maug research then the others? ( In the deadlock 1 manual it says that they have more technologies available to research) do they have unique technologies?
In Deadlock 1, Maug can skip research by one,
This means they can start researching a technology before it would be available to other races.
So, right on first turn you can start researching technologies that others would not.
For example, you can start Automation before even starting Electronics or Metallurgy.

Maug research modifier is 150%, ChCh't is 75%, all others are 100%. Just divide them to know how faster.
Siwinger wrote:Cht'Cht have weaker infantry and artillery units, are those weaker then Re'lu or the same strength?
. I cannot confirm, but it seems like ChCh't have the weakest ground units while Re'Lu have the weakest modifier for all units. Maybe someone else can confirm this.
Siwinger wrote:Uva Mosk rain dance ability what are the chances that it will trigger? can u reload the save untill it triggers, or is every turn seeded (always the same outcome)
I think the end turn random numbers are calculated again most of time. So if you lose a battle, it might work to load the save game right before the battle.
Apparently, only the map generation seeds are saved by Deadlock (both).
Siwinger wrote: They get more from taxes but how much, Is it more then Cyth on oppressive taxes?
Human tax modifier is 125%. Cyth is 100% like all others. Just multiply them.

I don't know exactly how the levels multiply yet, but I just tested that if you start a game with Human at default level, it yields 72 cr..
(Deadlock 1)
Human Global Light + Standard Territory Tax = 72 cr.
Human Global Oppressive + Increased Territory Tax = 148 cr.

Cyth Global Light + Standard Territory Tax = 44 cr.
Cyth Global Oppressive + Increased Territory Tax = 88 cr.

I hope that helps.
Best regards.
Siwinger
Hatchling
Hatchling

Post by Siwinger »

Wow thanks for the extensive reply, and sorry for the slow response. This Christmas has been an hectic one.

I will be looking up the links you provided for sure, and probably writing down some information in my Deadlock manual, I need to use the Notes page for something and this information couldn't hurt ;).

I'm glad to see that I got responses so quick for a game this old, It goes to show the passion the game still have with people after all this time.

Now that I know that all of the information is not readily available, I will probably start up games to look at the stats and write them down. Because if I cant find the information I should probably research it for myself and then share what I find.

Thank you for reading and answering my questions and Merry Christmas!
sdu754
Advisor
Advisor

Post by sdu754 »

Disclaimer: All these numbers are for Deadlock Planetary Conquest, I am not sure if they carry over for Deadlock II.

I actually went through all the number in the past. The numbers for unit strength really only matter when fighting equal units, like Laser Squad vs Laser Squad. The side with a higher level unit will have a stronger unit every time. If you have the manual, it will give you the basic numbers for every unit. The difference in unit strength is as follows:

Attack/defense/speed (colonizer counts as infantry)
Infantry
Tarth:+1/+1/=
Re'Lu:=/=/=
Chch't:=/-1/scout, laser squad, Sam trooper & colonizer one level faster

Cannon
Tarth:=/+2/=
Re'Lu:=/-1/=
Chch't:=/=/all one level faster except holocaust cannon

Water
Tarth:-1/-2/=
Re'Lu:=/=/=
Chch't:=/=/sea transport one level faster

Air: ChCh't one level faster

Missile: no difference

For more infromation, check this link, I wrote this a while ago: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=368
sdu754
Advisor
Advisor

Post by sdu754 »

The tax rates are in my link in the previous post, but they go this way: Humans 125% Uva Mosk 80% Cyth 75% ChCh't 70% all other others 100%
Tggtt
Ancient
Ancient

Post by Tggtt »

sdu754 wrote:The tax rates are in my link in the previous post, but they go this way: Humans 125% Uva Mosk 80% Cyth 75% ChCh't 70% all other others 100%
Thank you for correcting my initial answer!
I forgot to add the ChCh't and Uva Mosk. However, rest assured that the decoding news post is correct.