Which race is your favourite?

General discussion, queries, etc. about Deadlock and Deadlock II.

Which race is your favourite?

ChCh't
17%
Cyth
17%
Humans
17%
Maug
24%
Re'Lu
7%
Tarth
7%
Uva Mosk
10%
Skirineen
No votes
Tolnans
No votes
The Ancients
No votes

Total votes: 29

sdu754
Advisor
Advisor
Favourite Race: Re'Lu

Re: Which race is your favourite?

Post by sdu754 »

MaugTheInfirm wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 12:47 am But I enjoy the Maug personality more than the others, the way they complain their way through every activity is amusing! If research could be "carried over" from one project to another, Maug would be more powerful early on. Later, their research bonus becomes powerful against lower tech enemies.
If you micromanage you can get extra electronics in place of the lost resources
Cyth Lord
Hatchling
Hatchling
Favourite Race: Cyth

Post by Cyth Lord »

General race attributes: Cyth. Really like their gothic nature and interesting character design. Noticeably easier to play in DL2 because museums require a 3-turn upgrade period, one cannot satisfy overpopulation penalties of swamps/mountains, and demand 10 energy. HATE this change from the original game.
Best game play: Human. Really easy when you've got no money problems, and no transportation fees (with hover way) means you can dedicate territories for their most favorable resources. A bit boring to play with.
Most disliked: Re'lu. In original game, their subverting scouts really agitate me. Command Corps are too expensive and unreliable, but the computer loves using them. In DL2 campaign I almost never used their scouts or Command Corps... on second thought I never used them at all.
MaugTheInfirm
Advisor
Advisor
Favourite Race: Maug

Post by MaugTheInfirm »

sdu754 wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 7:49 pm
MaugTheInfirm wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 12:47 am But I enjoy the Maug personality more than the others, the way they complain their way through every activity is amusing! If research could be "carried over" from one project to another, Maug would be more powerful early on. Later, their research bonus becomes powerful against lower tech enemies.
Of lost research? Yes, that's the alternative, given that research points don't carry over.
sdu754
Advisor
Advisor

Post by sdu754 »

Cyth Lord wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 11:48 pm General race attributes: Cyth. Really like their gothic nature and interesting character design. Noticeably easier to play in DL2 because museums require a 3-turn upgrade period, one cannot satisfy overpopulation penalties of swamps/mountains, and demand 10 energy. HATE this change from the original game.
Best game play: Human. Really easy when you've got no money problems, and no transportation fees (with hover way) means you can dedicate territories for their most favorable resources. A bit boring to play with.
Most disliked: Re'lu. In original game, their subverting scouts really agitate me. Command Corps are too expensive and unreliable, but the computer loves using them. In DL2 campaign I almost never used their scouts or Command Corps... on second thought I never used them at all.
I don't play Deadlock II, so all my comments are based on the original. Re'lu command corps are best used defensively. You put one in each territory that you think might be attacked. You also build defense fortifications and have at least one or two other units in there. Re'lu scouts can bring a territory to its knees, just have them spy until they are veteran then switch over to subvert.
sdu754
Advisor
Advisor

Post by sdu754 »

MaugTheInfirm wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 8:14 am
sdu754 wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 7:49 pm
Of lost research? Yes, that's the alternative, given that research points don't carry over.
Yes I meant research, my phone must have autocorrected. Micromanaging is your best friend on this game.
Firetron
Hatchling
Hatchling
Favourite Race: Humans

Post by Firetron »

Humans are the best, because they are human. ;)

But also, money is the most difficult resource in the game. Population growth is a close second. But with the right starting strategy, population growth is taken care of.

The best part of being human, is that you can specialize your territories to the resources they are meant for. Where as everyone else needs each territory to be independent and generalist to reduce transportation costs.