New player thoughts on DL2

General discussion, queries, etc. about Deadlock and Deadlock II.
Emala XI
Hatchling
Hatchling
Favourite Race: Maug

New player thoughts on DL2

Post by Emala XI »

First, what a wonderful game! And how marvelously addictive. This post is not meant to be final. These are just some of the things that occur to me after having played a few games.
The AI is excellent and even at Fair Fight can give you a good tussle. In fact, DL2 has the best AI for fighting naval warfare of any strategy game I've ever played. It would help to have some way to keep track of all your military units, a list of where they are, what they are doing, and be able to go to a unit by clicking on it in the list.
I don't mind the micro-management necessary to get the most out of your bases but it would help to have some way to keep track of any idle workers. Also, it would be very helpful to have someway to tell how much overall potential money, workers who could be put into Trade, is not being got because those workers are building items. A list of what all workers are doing, how many are in Trade, how many building, how many Farming, how many mining, how many artists (museums ect.) would also be good.
I love how quick and easy the game plays. Also like the icons, though it would be nice if there was a complete list of the icons available. The options available at start of game and the ability to sculpt the world is very good.
It would be nice if the other Races conducted more diplomatic actions with other; at least I don't see much for long periods of time. And it would be very nice to be able to name things, units, geographic features ect., though this does not effect play, it adds good color.
I will stop until I've played more. This is an excellent game and shows again that the quality of a game has little to do with its graphics. Love the graphics too, by the by.

thanks