Keyboard Commands

General discussion, queries, etc. about Deadlock and Deadlock II.
deadlover
Hatchling
Hatchling
Favourite Race: Cyth

Keyboard Commands

Post by deadlover »

Hey guys, deadlock pro here. (i'll merc you) Me and my friends loved playing deadlock 2 for a few weekends in a row, until all the issues with it being an old ass game just got to be too much for them. Not only would the game randomly freeze on us after hours of intense gameplay, but there NEEDs to be some kind of keyboard commands to speed up the movement of workers around your colony. This is because we got serious with this game and would have massive colonies but we needed to keep the turn time to a minimum (or it just got ridiculous). Anyone else frustrated by the lack of keyboard commands, or are there commands I don't know about? Dragging and dropping one worker at a time just to do it again the next turn is painful.
Ubergeneral Grunt
Site Admin
Site Admin
Favourite Race: Tarth

Re: Keyboard Commands

Post by Ubergeneral Grunt »

You can move all the workers on a building or construction site, as well as all the colonists in a territory (via the World view) to somewhere else, by holding ALT and then clicking and dragging a worker across. The game will move all the workers from the building, construction site or territory, or as many as needed to reach the maximum allowed amount of workers in the new location. A word of caution though when using this on a territory, if the entire population moves out, the territory will be abandoned. This should work with armies too.

Have you patched DL2 up to 1.20? If you already have, then all I can suggest is to turn on compatibility mode if you're using XP/Vista/7. If none of these help, the game should autosave every turn, so just load the autosave if the game crashes.

Hope this helps.
Tarth cooks make best strudel, barbecue, bean dip, fish, cat food, smelt, piston rings, tofu and cam shafts...