User name

Ask here for technical assistance with installing, running, etc. Forum related issues should be reported here, too.
dotdribble
Hatchling
Hatchling

User name

Post by dotdribble »

Hey

I am a major Dead lock player and fanatic.

So I was quite happy to see this site and that it was quite new.

However, I was unable to sign up with the user name Anman, AnmanIndustries or A-Industries, which I feel, is a HUGE coincidence. Considering that both words that make up my name, were not allowed during registration.

Could I please have my user name changed to that, or failing that, if you have a beef with me, I will take you outside and fight you. To death. With my face.
SonOfDon
Colonist
Colonist
Favourite Race: Humans

Re: User name

Post by SonOfDon »

dotdribble wrote:Hey

I am a major Dead lock player and fanatic.

So I was quite happy to see this site and that it was quite new.

However, I was unable to sign up with the user name Anman, AnmanIndustries or A-Industries, which I feel, is a HUGE coincidence. Considering that both words that make up my name, were not allowed during registration.

Could I please have my user name changed to that, or failing that, if you have a beef with me, I will take you outside and fight you. To death. With my face.
That is strange. We'll look into it.

Welcome to the site. We're not just fans here, some members are the actual creators of the game!

Enjoy.
Where are we on the curve, we'll know once it goes asymptotic (hopefully).
dotdribble
Hatchling
Hatchling

Post by dotdribble »

SonOfDon wrote: some members are the actual creators of the game!

Enjoy.
If I wasnt engaged I would marry all of them.

Also "AnmanIndustries" would be good if you could.

I look forward to doing stuff here. Im currently in the process of building a simpler board game/card game for this. I saw an existing one but it was too complex. I also tried a straight card game for dead lock once but it was too complicated. So it would be SWEET to be able to discuss stuff with other people.
dotdribble
Hatchling
Hatchling

Post by dotdribble »

Dear Ubergeneral Grunt.. I am unable to reply to your message or send any other PMs. I apparently dont have permission.

On that note, this whole thing could just be another permissions thing.

If you cant change the name, is it possbile to have just "AI" or if its just that you are unable to change it to anything else at all, I will reregister with an alternate name.
SonOfDon
Colonist
Colonist
Favourite Race: Humans

Post by SonOfDon »

dotdribble wrote:Dear Ubergeneral Grunt.. I am unable to reply to your message or send any other PMs. I apparently dont have permission.

If you cant change the name, is it possbile to have just "AI" or if its just that you are unable to change it to anything else at all, I will reregister with an alternate name.
This appears to be a problem with the software used to create this site and has not occurred before. We are working to rectify the problem.
Where are we on the curve, we'll know once it goes asymptotic (hopefully).
dotdribble
Hatchling
Hatchling

Post by dotdribble »

SonOfDon wrote:
dotdribble wrote:Dear Ubergeneral Grunt.. I am unable to reply to your message or send any other PMs. I apparently dont have permission.

This appears to be a problem with the software used to create this site and has not occurred before. We are working to rectify the problem.
Im a big fan of SMF. PHPBB is so 10 years ago.
Ànman
Hatchling
Hatchling

Post by Ànman »

Hey guys. I changed one character in my main name to a different version and it was fine. I'll just use this account for now.
YOU'RE A 255 CHARACTER LIMIT!
Ubergeneral Grunt
Site Admin
Site Admin
Favourite Race: Tarth

Post by Ubergeneral Grunt »

Sorry I wasn't able to fix the issue for you directly, Ànman. Are all the permissions okay for your new account, including PM?
Tarth cooks make best strudel, barbecue, bean dip, fish, cat food, smelt, piston rings, tofu and cam shafts...
Ànman
Hatchling
Hatchling

Post by Ànman »

Yeah its sweet. You probably have some sort of approval set up for new registrations. Might want to check that out. I may have pissed someone off a long time in phpBB. But back then my name never had Industries in it. Weird.
YOU'RE A 255 CHARACTER LIMIT!