play deadlock2 for the good

Off-Topic. Remember to follow forum rules.
TimeDilation
Advisor
Advisor
Favourite Race: Uva Mosk

play deadlock2 for the good

Post by TimeDilation »

once again, it is time for me to find new deadlock2 buddies...
if you want to join the VPN network for playing deadlock2, use Hamachi and connect to: DL2 net , password: deadlock

primary goal: play games
secondary goal: know how the game is stable or not with at least 3 human players (so it would be good to have 3 players -me included), nevertheless having only 2 players will be fine for a nice game.

we can try strategies, report multiplayer bugs (i already know 1 or 2), find the optimal settings for different gametypes (map size/turn duration/gametype/etc in relation to desired game lenght, for instance) and many other things.
Kayzaks
Hatchling
Hatchling
Favourite Race: Maug

Re: play deadlock2 for the good

Post by Kayzaks »

That's a really cool idea! What time do you guys usually play?
TimeDilation
Advisor
Advisor

Post by TimeDilation »

yeh cancel this thread...
the network is not safe anymore because my laptop was stolen and who knows who got it, what he does with the connection....

now i bought a new pc (dammit) with windows 10. actually never tried to run deadlock yet.

however im CET (central european time) zone.
i like to play both quick games with fast turns, or with longer turns with defined lenght, in order to play in the office now and then.
what version do you play?
Kayzaks
Hatchling
Hatchling

Post by Kayzaks »

Ohh damn! Getting a laptops stolen is definitely a shitty thing...

I mostly play DL1 with v. 1.31. Sometimes DL2, but not sure what version I have there. I've never tried a networked game before though :)
TimeDilation
Advisor
Advisor

Post by TimeDilation »

yeh well...lets get over it.

for you a little sum up:

-deadlock1 has problems with multiplayer and looks like it doesnt work on the net
-playing with deadlock2 is possible, and the ways depend on how you run deadlock2. using a vpn network provider such as Hamachi is easy and free. running deadlock2 on a virtual machine makes it harder to forward all machines ports etc. using windows 10 vpn instead of hamachi could be possible but i didnt try it yet.
-playing with deadlock 2 is a "matter of honour". because there is a bug. the bug is the following: you can select your units on a territory with both yours and enemy units, and give a mission. the mission will affect enemy units too! you realzie this can screw up any game, bringing the level of mistrust to intolerable. the bug is better described by crow in some thread somewhere.
-as far as i know, games with more than 2 players have not been tried over here.

if you want i can temporarily put hamachi on and we can make a vpn
Kayzaks
Hatchling
Hatchling

Post by Kayzaks »

Sorry for the late reply, been extremely swamped at work lately :( and sadly don't have much time to play at the moment