Atari Auctions and Deadlock

Deadlock and Gallius IV announcements and news.
Ubergeneral Grunt
Site Admin
Site Admin
Favourite Race: Tarth

Atari Auctions and Deadlock

Post by Ubergeneral Grunt »

As many of you are likely aware, a bankrupt Atari recently made all of its assets available at auction last month. Many more popular Atari-owned IPs were sold, including Master of Orion and Total Annihilation. The Deadlock series is one of Atari's De Minimis (minimal) assets and, as of now, no buyer for the series has been announced.

Who knows, if Atari is unable to sell the Deadlock franchise, it could prove useful for re-establishing themselves as a mobile game company. We can only dream. As far as I know, none of the original Deadlock design team have attempted to acquire the franchise, although I have not been able to reach Russell Shiffer for comment.

Still, there is a chance Deadlock may still be sold at a later date or Atari may wisely decide to use the IP in the future. If we're lucky, something may happen very soon.

On a side note, I have now allowed registered users to reply to topics in this section, for comments.
Tarth cooks make best strudel, barbecue, bean dip, fish, cat food, smelt, piston rings, tofu and cam shafts...
Vlad
Hatchling
Hatchling
Favourite Race: Cyth

Re: Atari Auctions and Deadlock

Post by Vlad »

[quote="Ubergeneral Grunt"]As many of you are likely aware, a bankrupt Atari recently made all of its assets available at auction last month. Many more popular Atari-owned IPs were sold, including Master of Orion and Total Annihilation. The Deadlock series is one of Atari's De Minimis (minimal) assets and, as of now, no buyer for the series has been announced.

Who knows, if Atari is unable to sell the Deadlock franchise, it could prove useful for re-establishing themselves as a mobile game company. We can only dream. As far as I know, none of the original Deadlock design team have attempted to acquire the franchise, although I have not been able to reach Russell Shiffer for comment.

Still, there is a chance Deadlock may still be sold at a later date or Atari may wisely decide to use the IP in the future. If we're lucky, something may happen very soon.

On a side note, I have now allowed registered users to reply to topics in this section, for comments.[/quote]

It would be amazing any new DL work, official or fanmade; I'll wait hopefully for news!!
burighan
Hatchling
Hatchling

Post by burighan »

Hi UG,

Have you heard from M. Shiffer since August ?

I've read about some teams buying back the IP they created at Atari (http://www.polygon.com/2013/7/3/4489558 ... -a-revival).
coolate
Hatchling
Hatchling
Favourite Race: ChCh-t

Post by coolate »

I would love to tackle this as a developer!
Ubergeneral Grunt
Site Admin
Site Admin
Favourite Race: Tarth

Post by Ubergeneral Grunt »

Sorry guys, don't know why these posts required approval (nor why I wasn't notified that these posts needed approval), will check the forum settings to make sure this isn't needed in the future.
Tarth cooks make best strudel, barbecue, bean dip, fish, cat food, smelt, piston rings, tofu and cam shafts...