Deadlock 1 strategy

Need advice on Colony Management? Help with the Shrine Wars Campaign? Ask here.
Rapossu
Hatchling
Hatchling
Favourite Race: Humans

Deadlock 1 strategy

Post by Rapossu »

Hello guys, since there is no other topic i will create that one.

what are the things you like to do in every play or every time you play with a race? i like to start close to the uva mosk and wait until they upgrade with shamanism a territory and them take to myself.
And when i play with the Chch´t a good thing to do is spreed colonies across the planet in the beginning, they grow so fast that i overproduce most resources and military units than almost every other faction (i play with them all).
With Re´lu best thing to do is concentrate 4 command units to mind control anyone who attack a colony (free units =D ) and send scouts to make the enemy moral drop, i have seen a Maug colony implode in rebelion until just 2 colonist survive amid the destruction.
A Uva mosk strategy that i like is use shamanism until a have a production of 200 of a resource (iron is the more easy to overproduce) and make huge agreements with the Skirineen, selling the resources , you can make a fortune and buy anything, like tecnologies and the holocaustcanon, i have turned the tide of lost games with that one.
sdu754
Advisor
Advisor
Favourite Race: Re'Lu

Re: Deadlock 1 strategy

Post by sdu754 »

What I generally like to do is to reduce transportation cost as much as possible between territories. I will usually build atleast one farm and one power plant in each territory. I'll also build factories in the same territories as mines.

It's also very important to upgrade to level two buildings as soon as possible. regular farms, nuclear power plants, universities and surface mines are far too inefficient and take too much population to work.

It's also a good idea to keep your citizens happy. Build museums and limit territory population to keep optimal workforce numbers. It's also a bad idea to contact the skirineen unless you absolutely have to. The only exception would be to sell off excess resources in defeated territories that you are razing.
Nmid
Hatchling
Hatchling

Post by Nmid »

Isn't there any information on how growth rate of colonists are calculated?

I have seen growth % rates from 8% (when I had 900/1000 pop) to 16% (100/1000).. for a human race.

Anyways, just my 1st message.. Hi, everyone :)
Belix
Hatchling
Hatchling
Favourite Race: Tarth

Post by Belix »

Hi Nmid,

I don't have exact numbers, but if I recall correctly population growth is influenced by:

-Available housing (the bigger the gap between population and housing limit, the faster it grows)
-The terrain type (From fastest to slowest (DL1): Plains, Forests, Swamps, Mountains)

It wouldn't surprise me if Morale factors into that as well. The only other factors that come into play occasionally that I can think of are special events and starvation.

Someone here might have more information and be able to correct me on any points that are incorrect.
sdu754
Advisor
Advisor

Post by sdu754 »

I did a study one time to see how much of a difference there was in population growth for the Chch-t and another race. I used the Maug as the generic race. I played 10 turns as each race. I built the same exact housing, and made sure there were never any workers on housing units. Both races were in plains territories. After 10 turns the Chch-t population was 3392, and the Maug was 1566. I don't believe that morale has any affect what so ever, as the Cyth seem to grow at about the same rates as the others. I'm pretty sure starvation would affect growth rates.
TimeDilation
Advisor
Advisor
Favourite Race: Uva Mosk

Post by TimeDilation »

you should maybe have used humans or tarth. they have really average population ratio increase.
maug are quite sick and they grow slowly. in fact, as the uva mosk, they are a late-game race.
Nmid
Hatchling
Hatchling

Post by Nmid »

Thanks Belix and sdu754.
The info helped.
Sadly, I don't there is any reference material with the game guts properly identified, so to speak.

It's a good game, just wish there was a way to play it against others on the net... Played 20 odd games, but it gets boring playing against the AI :)
Do ppl still play against each other?
sdu754
Advisor
Advisor

Post by sdu754 »

TimeDilation wrote:you should maybe have used humans or tarth. they have really average population ratio increase.
maug are quite sick and they grow slowly. in fact, as the uva mosk, they are a late-game race.
I made sure both races had 100% morale, so their sickliness wouldn't affect growth. I will probably do a more comprehensive study some day, just haven't felt like it