Desired Add ons for Deadlock

General discussion, queries, etc. about Deadlock and Deadlock II.
kitsune
Hatchling
Hatchling
Favourite Race: Maug

Desired Add ons for Deadlock

Post by kitsune »

Deadlock is a great game! But like any great game, players come up with ideas that could make (in their oppinions) the game even better! What kinds of add ons, or improvements would you suggest to improve the game? For instance, if there was a Deadlock 3, what would you want?

I'd like to have the ability to strengthen allied ties by use of trade agreements, where you can request resources, as well as agree to ship to other players colonies for money, or other resources automatically for a period of turns. I hate it when the AI constantly attempts to sell me stuff. Perhaps add a planetary market where you can offer resources for a price/ other resources, and then select who can view the offer.

Another good one might be researching more than one tech at a time.

What other ideas are out there?
sdu754
Advisor
Advisor
Favourite Race: Re'Lu

Re: Desired Add ons for Deadlock

Post by sdu754 »

I can't remember the AI ever trying to sell me anything. The Skirineen will contact you atleast once a game, but other than that I can't recall the AI once trying to sell anything. I've only played the original deadlock.
Ubergeneral Grunt
Site Admin
Site Admin
Favourite Race: Tarth

Re: Desired Add ons for Deadlock

Post by Ubergeneral Grunt »

Yes, in Deadlock 1 the AI will never try to sell you anything, in Deadlock II, the AI will often send trade offers occasionally. It all just comes down to differences in the AI's priorities for both games, since the AI was rewritten for Deadlock 2, at least I think it was.
Tarth cooks make best strudel, barbecue, bean dip, fish, cat food, smelt, piston rings, tofu and cam shafts...