Did I finish Deadlock 2 Uva Mosk? Hm.

General discussion, queries, etc. about Deadlock and Deadlock II.
MaugTheInfirm
Advisor
Advisor
Favourite Race: Maug

Did I finish Deadlock 2 Uva Mosk? Hm.

Post by MaugTheInfirm »

I've played through Deadlock 2's Uva Mosk campaign. I figured 2x production with uva mosk resource bonus would make it amusing. It did. I completed 6 levels as Uva Mosk, and then the game crashed when I finished. Since the last level started me with all technology, I'm guessing there isn't a 7th level, but if anyone knows better I'd like to know.

I tried Tarth, but got bored and switched to Human. It's interesting that it's the same 1st level map for both Tarth and Human. It looks like there must really be 2 campaigns, but you can play from a different starting race on each map in the campaign.

Years ago I wrote off Deadlock 2 for it's menu interface. It felt like it took me out of the game, into management screens too often. But when I heard it had campaigns to finish, I managed to overcome my initial dislike. So far, so good!
Tggtt
Ancient
Ancient

Re: Did I finish Deadlock 2 Uva Mosk? Hm.

Post by Tggtt »

DL2 usually features auto-save. Check if you can find the last turn before it crashed.

I would like to provide more help but I haven't finished that campaign.
MaugTheInfirm
Advisor
Advisor

Post by MaugTheInfirm »

Tggtt wrote:DL2 usually features auto-save. Check if you can find the last turn before it crashed.
DL2 has a habit of crashing when I right click on a unit(1), so I've made a habit of saving every 2-5 turns. I did save before the winning turn, but reloading also crashed at the same "end of level" point. I'm not sure how many turns I'd need to go back, or what I'd need to avoid doing to avoid the crash.

(1) For those who have hit this right-click-crash, I noticed the order in which I clicked units mattered. Clicking the leftmost (first) unit first and getting their information tends to avoid a crash. Clicking the rightmost unit in the list tends to make it more likely. Usually this is only interesting after battles to see which units are damaged, and how much. Few enough injures allow me to make a second follow on attack without resting to heal & repair.
Tggtt
Ancient
Ancient

Post by Tggtt »

Which DL2 version are you using?
Please write:
  1. Original CD version (1.0)
  2. Updated CD version (1.2)
  3. GoG version (1.2)
MaugTheInfirm
Advisor
Advisor

Post by MaugTheInfirm »

I have the version from gog.com, and I also peeked into the README file:
"DEADLOCK II: SHRINE WARS v 1.2x"

The objectives box indicates it's "Uva Mosk Campaign, Scenario 6". It plays a video related to the objectives of the shrines. When the video ends, I see a mashed image of the main screen and the play screen. I can move my mouse, but nothing works.

UPDATE: Instead of destroying my last opponent, I allowed the victory conditions to complete. I saw the final video and returned to the main screen without the crash. So that confirms it's the last scenario. I can still reproduce the crash, but I've found ways around it (attacking with half of my dozen spyjets avoided the crash).